Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

This year I decided it would be fun if my costume went with Boston's costume. I am the witch that turned him into a frog. I found these ridiculous spidery eyelashes and an awesome witch hat. Then I made my costume. I had fun sewing the costume. I had to try and figure out how to make a corset and add eyelets to material. I have used eyelets on paper, but never on fabric. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I was going to make Boston's costume, but I couldn't find a pattern I liked for him. I decided it would be easier just to buy him one.
We went trick or treating around our neighborhood. There was one house that was really decked out with creepy decorations. I started taking Boston toward the house and he started bawling. I told him we would not go to the house. As we were walking away he was crying and saying "bye, bye." It was so sad. I felt so bad for him. It took him two houses to start having fun again.
He would say trick or treat when we were walking to the houses, but once we got to the door, forget about saying trick or treat. There was no way he was going to say Trick or Treat to the people. He thought it was awesome that everyone was giving him candy. After every house he would say "Trick or Treat candy?" I had to keep telling him we would go to another house.


We also carved pumpkins today. Darin carved a spooky looking skull pumpkin. I carved a Mickey Mouse pumpkin.

2 comments:

Stacey and Kyle Nielsen said...

Look at you.... first you made a birthday fondue cake and now your sewing costumes together! :) I think you need to teach me a thing or two!

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

Soo cute! I still need to email you the pic I took of you guys at our house! I'm glad you guys came over...even though I didnt go out with all of you. Fussy baby + cold and wet = not fun! :)You looked awesome though!